The Organizing & Scientific Committee of the RSN 2023 Congress welcomes the submission of original abstracts according to the following submission guidelines, by September 15, 2023 the latest.
Delegates who would like to present their work at the RSN 2023 Congress, are invited to submit an abstract. Please read the following instructions carefully before preparing your abstract.
Abstract Presentation Formats:
- Oral Presentation: Presentation during a scientific session.
Abstract Submission Timeline
- 15/03/2023 / Abstract / Submission / Opens
- 15/09/2023 / Abstract / Submission / Deadline
- 30/09/2023 / Abstract / Notification
All abstracts that will be accepted to be presented in the RSN 2023 Congress will be mentioned in the RSN2023 Book of Abstracts.
Abstract Writing Instructions:
- Abstracts can only be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must be submitted in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- You can use any word processing software (for example, MS Word, Google Docs or LibreOffice Writer) to edit the abstract, but the submission itself will only contain basic text, no formatting allowed or required.
- The abstract must not contain graphics, tables, pictures or other types of figures.
- It is important that you read your text to ensure accuracy with no spelling,
grammatical or scientific errors. No corrections will be accepted after the abstract submission deadline and the abstract will be published exactly as submitted.
- Incomplete abstracts will not be reviewed.
- Study the Thematic Topics thoroughly and submit your abstract accordingly.
- Abstracts must describe the original work.
- Minor edits can be made to a submitted abstract before the submission deadline. After this date, no changes regarding the content or the authors will be allowed. Edits may include changing the title, adding or deleting authors or changing the abstract body. Once the review process begins, no changes are allowed.
- The request for such edits should be forwarded to the Congress Team by email only (email@example.com); it should also contain the title and author(s), for proper identification.
Withdrawal of an Abstract
- Request for withdrawal should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 31, 2023. The submitter must clearly explain the reason for withdrawal.
Abstract Review Process
- All abstracts will be verified by the RSN CONGRESS Scientific Committee before being published. In case you face any difficulty in submitting your abstract using email, please contact us via email: email@example.com
Format guidelines for the presentations
- The oral presentation should last no more than 15 minutes.
- PowerPoint is the presentation programme available in all session halls.
- No other devices, personal computers etc. than the ones provided in the session halls are allowed for presentations.
- The PowerPoint handling and distribution system is optimised for MS PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat-files (“*.pdf”). The uploading of “DVD-Movies” is not supported.
- The supported data storage media are: CD and USB Memory (Stick). All needed files - also the movie files(!) - have to be on the datamedia. Presentations can also be taken off speakers’ notebooks at the Speaker Ready Room. Please make sure there is enough time for conversion.
- Format for embedded movies: “*.mp4” and “*.wmv” are preferred, any other format may work or may be converted to an optimised format (may take some time!)
- The fonts that are used in the presentations need to be Latin-based fonts. If you need special fonts, they should be stored as „embedded fonts“ with the presentation. (File -> save as „name of presentation“ and under „tools“ → save options mark the checkbox „embed True type fonts“ and select „embed all characters“). When using mathematical symbols, please use those available under Latin fonts (unicode or DOS: Western Europe).
- Presentations should be saved as “*.ppt“, “*.pptx” (= PowerPoint) or “*.pps“, “*.ppsx“ (=PowerPoint Slideshow) - file and movies might be distinct files on the data media (if not embedded). All computers and projectors will be set up and optimised for 16:9 ratio. Please adhere to these specifications in order to have a well-prepared presentation.